• Rejuvii

Could Mold Be The Cause of Our Unexplained Symptoms?



Did you know that it only takes 24 hours for harmful molds to develop in a moisture- impaired environment?

Mold toxicity occurs when a person comes into a contact with one of many "biotoxins."

This biotoxins are poisonous substances produced by living organisms - some of the most prevalent being toxic mold spores.


Several molds/fungi produce secondary products called mycotoxins. Mycotoxins are very tiny molecules that can sneak into our body and cause extensive damage. They are among the most toxic substances found in existence.

Mycotoxins are extremely small and therefore they can pass through cell membranes, which makes it hard for our immune system to identify and attack. Because of this, mold illness usually starts with chronic, low-level symptoms that slowly creep up until they become widespread and debilitating.


Biotoxins can build up in our bodies because they are not easy to excrete or destroy. However, the body will do its best and concentrate these toxins in the liver. Once they are in the liver, they bind to bile so we could excrete them.

But there is a catch! The body, in its infinite wisdom, wants to be resourceful and recycle our bile. So once the bile reaches the first part of the small intestine, the toxin – still attached to bile – gets recirculated back to the liver. It never leaves the intestinal system, so it accumulates in the body.


Normally this recirculation would not be a problem. In most people, the immune system can recognize these toxins and mount an immune response to destroy them.

However, roughly 25% of the population has a genetic susceptibility, and their immune system cannot recognize biotoxins and remove them.

If the toxins cannot be recognized, destroyed and removed, they continue circulating in the body, causing inflammation and complex symptoms.

Mold and their mycotoxin byproducts can be found in homes, offices, and schools where exposure is usually through inhalation of airborne particles. Unfortunately, we can also be exposed to mycotoxins through food.



Foods that are highest in mycotoxins include but are not limited to:

· Corn

· Peanuts

· Wheat

· Barley

· Rice

· Rye

· Cheese

· Coffee

· Chocolate

· Cereals



The most common mold toxicity symptoms include extreme fatigue, brain fog, memory problems, mood swings, depression, difficultly concentrating, sinus issues, metallic taste in the mouth, sugar cravings, headaches, and digestive issues.



Treating mold toxicity can be complicated, but the basic elements involve:

Removing yourself from any mold exposure at home, work, school or in the car. Any continued exposure will perpetuate the toxicity and prevent healing!

The use of binding agents (bentonite clay, activated charcoal, cholestyramine, chlorella, etc.) to escort the toxins out of the body through stool.

Supporting detoxification

Use of infrared sauna to sweat.

Treatment of MARCoNS, which is a type of antibiotic-resistant Staphylococcus bacteria. It frequently colonizes the nasal passages and sinuses of people with mold illness.

A very low-carbohydrate diet.


If you suspect you have been exposed to mold, you should make an appointment with a functional medicine doctor familiar with mold-related illnesses.


Rejuvii offers intravenous Glutathione drip as well as several other drips to support detoxification which could benefit you in your journey for healthier you.


Give us a call for a consultation about the benefits of IV detoxification therapy and all available options.


Learn more about us here, and book an appointment +1-224-272-3747



#mold #glutathione #mycotoxins #brainfog



8 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All